COLEMAN FAMILY
EST. 2005

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Take Action!!

I have never posted anything about my political views or beliefs, but I feel this topic is definitely worth posting. President Obama seeks to punish doctors and health care providers who refuse to perform abortions or other treatments which are against their religious or personal beliefs. So, I as a nurse am very frustrated/saddened by this. If Obama is successful I would rather be punished and potentially lose my nursing license if encountered by this issue then turn against my heart and my God. Please help take action!! Follow this link and send a letter/email to President Obama opposing your belief in the "Conscience Rule."
http://capwiz.com/afanet/issues/alert/?alertid=12821731&type=PR

3 comments:

Liz said...

I agree with you. This law imposes on a person's right to personal moral values. If it passed we'd have a lot of health care workers either quitting their jobs or feeling major pressure to perform operations against their beliefs in order to provide for their own families. Very scary.

ruth said...

I went to ABCnews.com and read more about it. It says about President Obama that "He believes this issue requires a balance between the rights of providers and the health of women and their families, a balance that the last-minute Bush rule appears to upset," Please go there and read it. It looks like Pres.Obama wants to make it better for Society in a way that other people can't read into things that aren't there. Your link didn't have it totally right in my point of view. E-mail me and let me know what you think. ruth@grangroth.com. I'll put my name to your link when I totally understand both sides. Thank you for making me aware. I love you so much!

Anonymous said...

Amen to that!