Today was my first day back to work, and boy was it rough! I have been crying for the past week just thinking about leaving my little boy in someone else's hands all day. My nephew's fiance Hailey is watching Landon and I know she will do a wonderful job, but it is hard regardless of who is watching him. I was so worried he wouldn't take a bottle, but he did great! We have been giving him a couple of bottles a week but on Sunday he decided he was too smart for the whole thing. He would just stare at me with this funny little look as if to say "You aren't fooling me with that thing. I know what you really have!" Poor little guy--but he did so good!! He did a whole lot better than me! As I left him this morning I was blubbering to Hailey trying to communicate to her what things Landon needed, how much to feed him, etc. I'm sure she thought I was pathetic, but oh well, I was sure going to miss my little man. I am so blessed to be a nurse and have the opportunity to only work twice a week, but man......those 12 hr shifts are sooooo long. I cried the entire way to work (so much for getting ready and putting my make-up on) and I cried the entire way home-- I couldn't get home fast enough! It is the best feeling to pull in the garage and run inside knowing I have a wonderful little family waiting there for me. I know each day I go to work it will get easier, but I really can't imagine that right now. Well, I am going to go snuggle with my little guy and hopefully get some sleep!
7 years ago
7 comments:
Awwww, that's so sad. That would be hard, so glad he did well. That's great that you get to just work 2x a week though, awesome.
Think of it this way- you are building his immune system and his social skills at the same time. Glad he did well.
I know exactly what you mean. It's so hard to leave them even if it's only for a while. It's great that it's only two days a week though! Oh,I meant to ask you if Liz(Nielsen) has a blog?
You made uncle Brian tear up! Ok, not too difficult really...
I was able to imagine your excitement getting home and walking in that door. I do that every week day and it does get easier, but there are days I hate that I have to go to work and not stay home, hang out with the kids, go to school and play with them, etc. Then there are days where I think, oh good I get to go to work, that weekend SUCKED! lol
I'm so glad you survived your first day back to work. It is really hard to leave your children in someone else's care. Good to hear you have someone great to watch Landon. You are so blessed to only work a few days a week!!!
Jamie, I vividly remember that first day back after I had Shyenne almost 17 years ago. I worked in the nursery and was so angry that I didn't take her with me and pretend she was one of my patients. You will get through it and so will Landon. We are currently waiting for Blake's mission call. Time flies too fast. Make sure you enjoy each moment of your little one's life!
Isn't it amazing how much you can love someone? Kids make everything sweeter. I'm glad Landon has a mommy like you.
Post a Comment