Since I am ever so behind on blogging I thought I better just do quick catch up of our summer events.
We went to Lagoon with Aunt Ninny and Jacob..........
We went to the Zoo with the Jackson family.........
The boys and I took a little trip to Rigby Idaho to visit my friend and her family. Landon was in heaven the entire time riding the 4-wheeler and playing with all the farm animals!
Jodi took him on his first spin, he wasn't quite sure he liked it at first. He sure is cute in his shades though!! : )
The boys also got their pictures taken by Jodi's niece Jill Aponte. I love the pics of them together.
Next on our late Spring/Early Summer plans was getting our little Landon potty trained! He seriously did such an amazing job. We had been talking about it, reading about it, and watching Elmo Potty for months..... but when we actually went to the store and bought the potty chair and Diego under-roos he was potty trained in about a week. We didn't even have to remind him. He would just run upstairs and do his business. He is one smart little dude!!
This little guy is growing so fast!! At his 6 month appt. we got a little scare from our pediatrician. Tanner has been really behind on his motor development and the doctor told me she saw some "minor anomalies" in him that resemble down syndrome. I just stared at her in disbelief. I really didn't think anything was wrong with him, and that he was my perfectly healthy little baby, but having a doctor say those words just puts it in the back of your mind. It took 2 months for the insurance company to approve the blood test, and I'll tell you those were the 2 longest months of my life!! It was on my mind constantly. We were able to get the blood drawn when he turned 8 months, and we also saw a Geneticist at Primary Children's. The Geneticist said she was very optimistic that he was NORMAL!! and the blood test came back normal as well. {YEAH!} He is just the most content little guy around, and rarely cries. He is just happy at looking at a toy near him, rather than trying to figure out how to roll over, sit up, etc to get to it. We have started him on physical therapy (which I think is kind of silly, but doing what the doctor requests). He has improved so much the past couple of months. He finally started to roll over at 7 months, and is mastering his sitting up abilities now (9 months old). Things have been so different with him vs Landon. My little Landon was cruising around furniture at this age, but I do know children grow at different rates. I am just so grateful that he is healthy. I have never prayed, cried, or lost so much sleep over something in my entire life. I am just so grateful he is happy and healthy!!
26.2 in (40%)
And his 9 month stats: 17 lbs 9 oz (8th%)
28.4 in (55th %)
We took a trip to California to meet our cute little niece Cali and attend her blessing. David's little bro and his wife Jamie have the cutest little girl. It was so fun to actually hold a little GIRL!! We stayed at their house the entire time (thanks again guys) and we loved it. Our little boys did so well on the trip. We drove both ways, but broke it up into 2 days at Mesquite. (Gotta love the Virgin River $24.99 room deal) Staying in Mesquite made the drive definitely doable with little ones. We were able to go to the beach, and we also hit up swimming pools in Bakersfield every day we were there. Both Landon and Tanner love the water. I think I have little fishies on my hand. : )
The Swimming Pools!!
Daddy throwing Landon up way too high!!
Look at Todd's face- ha ha.
This face says it all! Pure happiness in the water!!
I seriously love this photo. Landon and Avery are a year apart and they were so cute playing together and splashing their toes in the water.
Heading to the beach!
We piled into the parent's SUV....... Brian and David had to snuggle for 2 1/2 hrs. They looked so uncomfortable!!
Testing out the sand for the 1st time. Can you tell that he loved it?! ha ha. He was definitely not a fan of the beach. It was so windy, the poor little guy cried the entire time. I finally got him to sleep, bundled him up so the wind wasn't blowing on him. He was much better after that!!
Now we are home, and trying to get back on a schedule. The summer always seems so crazy, and although I love being busy, I need my schedule back!! The boys have been staying up way too late, and I need my "ME" time. LOL.
I have been training for my 2nd 1/2 marathon (not as much as I should). It is on Saturday and I am a little nervous. I hope I survive. Stay tuned for pictures (I may be comatose in them). The sad thing is my time was probably better when I ran it last year--PREGNANT!! haha
RANDOM PICS!!
These are the things I have come downstairs to find after nursing Tanner. Landon always gets a little too quiet for my liking. He is such little turd!!!
He wanted chocolate milk!! Unfortunately we ran out of milk that morning. : (
These are the things I have come downstairs to find after nursing Tanner. Landon always gets a little too quiet for my liking. He is such little turd!!!
3 comments:
Love it. I love it all. Your boys are so cute. You are right about when it gets quiet you know they're up to something, usually nothing good.
Finally!!! Love it, boys are too dang cute, and so glad all the test turned out okay! LOVED seeing you! Lunch asap. love you!
I love that last picture of Tanner. He is such a handsome little dude, I just want to kiss that face all over! And I LOVE that picture of Jacob and Landon looking like they just got pulled over for a DUI. They look exhausted! I bet they slept pretty well that night.
Post a Comment