COLEMAN FAMILY
EST. 2005

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas '09



For Christmas this year we headed up to my Mom's on Christmas Eve and hung out with the family. We ate way too much food, which was absolutely delicious by the way, and then opened up presents. This year we decided to just do a "white-elephant" gift exchange and it was hilarious- Not necessarily because of the presents, but because of my Grandma Soroka. She cracked us all up. My sides were hurting so much! We read the "left, right nativity" for this gift exchange. You basically sit in a huge circle and everyone has a gift in their hand. You listen to the nativity story that is being read, and pass the gifts either left or right whenever it is repeated in the story. My grandma didn't really understand the concept of this game. (She is getting old, add in hard of hearing and you have one comical night) She was getting so upset that we kept changing directions with our gifts. She kept making the comment "Oh just make up your mind!" Ha ha. So cute. I wish we would have had video for this!!
This is Landon's new thing. He loves to stick his fingers (and other objects) in his ears. I think the par-tay was getting a little too loud and crazy for him!

Here is our only family Christmas picture this year--pretty pathetic!

Anyways, we came back to our place that night and had Christmas morning with just the three of us. Landon wasn't really interested in his presents. He just wanted to play with this little poppy toy my mom got at DI for 25 cents! It was driving me crazy!!! He was so happy and content with that, we just left the presents wrapped up for a while.
Here he is {in his new jammies} all smiles, with the toy that Santa DIDN'T bring him.


Dave looking extra excited helping Landon open his presents.
Landon with his stash. I think there are still things he hasn't even touched. And don't you worry, his favorite toy is still that 25 cent popper! Thanks Mom.... but you can take it home ANY time you like! : )

Christmas day we headed to Adam's (bro-in-law) Grandpa's house in Highland and ate some more delicious food! (BTW.... I am sure glad the holiday season is over, my waistline couldn't take any more!) We just chatted and had a really good time. Of course I forgot to take pictures....

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

That first pic should win christmas face of the year! so cute!

Jessica from Daisydotdesign.blogspot.com said...

I love the cute pictures and the real life photo of your cute little family. Just so you know we had one of those popcorn poppers (that's what I called it). We loved it too, but I can understand that it can get annoying. Good to hear that you're all doing great!!

Nanette Hirschi said...

Jamie everytime I look at your blog it makes me miss you so much!! And expecially this time of year as AI is about to begin:) I can't believe how big Landon is getting!! He is the cutest thing ever. Love you tons!!

A Erickson said...

I didn't know you had a blog! Yay! It is good to hear from you guys. Landon is a doll!

Glitzy Glass said...

So glad to see your blog. I got a new computer and lost all my contacts--favorite people. So, I will be in SLC tomorrow, call me, or I may call you!!! See you later!

Liz said...

I think Landon just gets cuter. Aren't holidays more fun with a kid? BTW, I checked out that blog "homemade by jill" that you have a link to on your site. One word: awesome. Ok, let me add another word: inspirational. How in hey do mom's have time to be so crafty? I want to be like them...

HAYHAY said...

Landon is really cute. I love him in the Santa cap. He has the most adorable little nose!
You better watch out for those little guys who stick things in their ears. When Jake was that exact age I kept taking him to the doctor because he was tugging at his ear, and he was super cranky. They kept saying he was fine, but he had a bunch of wax in one ear. Finally I switched doctors, and our new doctor found I sharp little rock wedged in his ear!! It was a pretty good size considering the sige of his ear hole! So watch out for you curious little Landon.
Oh and we have a popper too, and it annoys me like crazy. It seems like Jakey only likes to get it out when Ben is sleeping.
Landon is a doll.